Eggs are an excellent source of minerals, vitamins and proteins. The nutritional value of eggs makes it an essential constituent of our diet.
Eggs are one of the best sources of proteins. People who want to increase weight and build strong muscles should include eggs in their diet.
Eggs contain almost all vitamins except vitamin C. They are a rich source of vitamin B, especially B12 and B2 (called as riboflavin). Vitamins A, vitamin D and some amounts of vitamin E are also found in eggs.
Eggs, are a rich source of iodine and phosphorus. Iodine is very useful for regulating the thyroid hormone and phosphorus is equally essential for the bones.
Some of the inutritional benefits we get from eggs are as follows:
* Eating eggs on a regular basis strengthens the immune system.
* Eggs are good for the eyes and they prevent macular degeneration.
* Eggs lower the risk of developing cataracts.
* Eggs help in reducing the risk of breast cancer.
* Eggs foster healthy growth of hair and nails due to the high sulfur content, vitamins and minerals.
* Eggs contain the naturally occurring vitamin D and are beneficial for eyes and skin.
* Eggs contain a nutrient called choline that is useful in the regulation of the nervous system, brain and cardiovascular system.#