It’s not ABCD, fellas.
ACD stands for Apple Cider Vinegar. It’s one of the most popular acronym around and has become a byword especially among women who have health problems.
I thought I have been living healthy until one day, I felt something painful in my lower abdomen. The pain later extended to my lower back, right side. I would then take in over-the-counter pain reliever but after two weeks, the pain did not subside.
I was alarmed.
Off I sped to my reliable doctor in Cabugao town who suggested I must undergo a total blood chem or examination. He suspected I either had prostate or kidney trouble.
My thorough examination and ultrasound revealed I neither had prostate or kidney illness. His final findings were quite ordinary: lumbar spondylosis, quite high cholesterol level and arthritic gout. The first is a degenerative disease of the bones, particularly the spinal cord as a result of getting old while the last one has been a lingering illness which started when I was younger.
I was advised to limit my fat and salt intake and reduce weight. He went on to prescribe pain relievers and calcium with D3.
But I went further, fellas.
I turned to ACD, too.
Apple cider vinegar is a popular home remedy. People have used it for centuries in cooking and medicine. Many people claim it can relieve a wide range of health complaints, but you may wonder what the research says. Apple cider vinegar has various healthful properties, including antimicrobial and antioxidant effects. What’s more, evidence suggests it may offer health benefits, such as aiding weight loss, reducing cholesterol, lowering blood sugar levels, and improving the symptoms of diabetes.
What ACD should it be?
Your apple cider vinegar should be unpasteurized. Pasteurization is a heating process that’s used to kill harmful bacteria. Unfortunately, the heating process will kill good bacteria as well. That’s why we need unpasteurized. We want the good bacteria.
It should also be unfiltered. Unfiltered ensures that it contains the “mother” of vinegar. The mother is the grainy, muddy, strain-like substance you will see settled at the bottom of the bottle. If you shake the bottle, it will float. The mother contains the enzymes that you want to reap the health benefits of.
ACD’s wonders could be rationalized in the following benefits:
1. It is high in healthful substances. Organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar contains a substance called mother, which consists of strands of proteins, enzymes, and friendly bacteria that give the product a murky appearance. Some people believe that the mother is responsible for most of its health benefits. Apple cider vinegar contains magnesium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, amino acids and antioxidants. .
2. It can help kill harmful bacteria. Vinegar can help kill pathogens, including bacteria. People have traditionally used vinegar for cleaning and disinfecting, treating nail fungus, lice, warts, and ear infections. Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, used vinegar to clean wounds more than 2,000 years ago. Vinegar is also a food preservative, and studies show that it inhibits bacteria like E. coli from growing in and spoiling food.
3. It may help lower blood sugar levels and manage diabetes. To date, one of the most convincing applications of vinegar is helping treat type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is characterized by high blood sugar levels caused by insulin resistance or the inability to produce insulin. Apple cider vinegar has shown great promise in improving insulin sensitivity and helping lower blood sugar responses after meals.
4. It may aid in weight loss. Perhaps surprisingly, studies show that vinegar could help people lose weight. Studies suggest that vinegar can increase feelings of fullness and help you eat fewer calories, which may lead to weight loss.
5. It may boost skin health. Apple cider vinegar is a common remedy for skin conditions like dry skin and eczema. The skin is naturally slightly acidic. Using topical apple cider vinegar could help rebalance the natural pH of the skin, improving the protective skin barrier. Given its antibacterial properties, apple cider vinegar could, in theory, help prevent skin infections linked to eczema and other skin conditions.
6. Several studies in animals and humans have found that acetic acid and apple cider vinegar may promote fat burning and weight loss.
7. It lowers cholesterol, lowers blood pressure and improves heart health. Apple cider vinegar helps in controlling renin, a hormone produces by your kidneys that is responsible for constricting and dilating the blood vessels. When the blood vessels are constricting, the blood pressure rises. Apple cider vinegar keeps the vessels relax, and that means blood pressure won’t rise. As for apple cider vinegar helping with cholesterol – drinking apple cider vinegar before a meal lowers cholesterol. Basically, studies have shown that apple cider vinegar reduces LDL (bad cholesterol) and increases HDL (good cholesterol) due to its natural antioxidants
8. It prevents and decreases the risk of getting cancer and slows down the growth of cancer cells
9. Apple cider vinegar is great for skin and hair; treats and reduces the prevalence of acne; treats and soothes sunburn; has anti-aging properties; improves hair health; combats hair tangles; reduces hair frizz; seals the hair cuticles and help the hair to retain moisture and treats dandruff.
Most people can safely consume reasonable amounts of apple cider vinegar by following these general guidelines. Limit your intake: Start with a smaller amount and gradually work up to a maximum of 2 tablespoons (30 ml) per day, depending on your personal tolerance. Minimize your tooth exposure to acetic acid: Try diluting the vinegar in water and drinking it through a straw. Rinse with water after taking it. To prevent further enamel damage, wait at least 30 minutes before brushing your teeth.
ACD has become a regular portion of my drinking habits every morning I wake up. With proper diet, I swear, I feel better nowadays.
With proper diet, exercise and good relationship with the people around us through pleasant social functions, life indeed is healthier and happier, fellas.
With or without ACD.