Rice is our potent source of carbohydrates & protein; it also supplies vitamin B, calcium, iron, folic acid, potassium, phosphorus & magnesium. But habitually consuming too much rice elevates blood sugar & increases the risks for diabetes.
Here’s what we must do:
• Don’t patronize unli-rice promos offered in fast-foods.
• Don’t put more rice than you can consume on your plate, especially if there are other sources of carbohydrates like noodles & bread.
• Cut-down on rice & consume no more than the recommended 3 cups of rice per day, in the size of your clenched fist.
• Promote half-cup serving of rice at home & in restaurants among your family members.
• Mix rice with corn, saba & kamote.
Make fiber-rich brown rice a part of…….
Healthy Diet Gawing Habit – FOR LIFE!