Philippine National Police Chief Deputy General Nicanor A. Bartolome bared his 10-point action plan under a reform-oriented management agenda of the 140,000-strong national police force to members of the PNP Command Group, Directorial Staff, Regional Directors and Directors of National Support Units.
Presiding over his first Command Conference since his formal assumption to the top PNP post, Bartolome listed 10 administrative and operational priorities setting into motion his desired brand of proper public service in the PNP. These are:
1) Sustaining the Integrated Transformation Program and Performance Governance System (ITP-PGS) set targets that measure reform programs through a roadmap and a score card.
2) Conducting a periodic performance audit to determine who are at par with the job and who fall short of the expected work results as determined thru a performance governance scorecard in all levels of command.
3) Development of competencies, enhancement of individual skills and specialization with premium on investigation, resource management and disaster response skills.
4) Deployment of one policeman in every barangay who will act as conduit between the community and his Unit for effective execution of barangay-based public safety services.
5) Full development of human rights Help Desks in all police stations and strict adherence to the basic tenets of human rights with emphasis on the police operational procedures to plug loopholes.
6) Accounting of wanted persons and service of warrants.
7) Enhancement of procurement, financial and logistics management systems by strengthening the Operations, Plan and Budget Committee (OPBC) and Operations Performance Index Framework (OPIF) to ensure utmost transparency and accountability in all transactions.
8) Continuous build-up of police equippage through a maximized utilization of resources with the initial goal of filling-up the minimum requirement of one short firearm per policeman.
9) Strengthening the reward and disciplinary system a quick giving of rewards to deserving personnel and acknowledgment of their good deeds, and decisive in punishing the misfits and the undisciplined.
10) Enhancement of morale and welfare projects by way of equippage, training, shelter, salary increase and other benefits of personnel to encourage them to perform their best and win the community over to their side.
Bartolome has assigned each of these 10 action priorities to the concerned directorial staff with newly-designated Chief of Directorial Staff, Police Director Arturo G Cacdac Jr, supervising the implementation of these programs by the concerned directorial staff offices.#