SAN FERNANDO CITY – The National Nutrition Council – Regional Office 1, in partnership with the Department of Health – Regional Office 1 and the Provincial Government of La Union will be spearheading this year’s Nutrition Month celebration in Region 1. The launching program will be held on July 5, 2018 at 8:00 in the morning in La Union.
This year’s Nutrition Month celebration holds the theme: “Ugaliing magtanim, Sapat na nutrisyon aanihin!” The theme, penned by Ms. Julie Ann Q. Colipano of Valencia City, Bukidnon, was selected by the NNC Technical Committee earlier this year from among 142 entries sent to the council during a theme and logo design challenge opened last January 2018 to Filipinos aged 15 years old and above. The corresponding logo depicting a family cultivating a food garden, was designed by Architect Ricky R. Mojica of Indang, Cavite.
Nutrition Month is an annual event held every July led by NNC to create greater awareness on the importance of nutrition among Filipinos as mandated by Presidential Decree 491. To further boost this mandate and help spread the agency’s advocacy to a wider public, NNC is also holding a social media campaign dubbed “Nutrition Month Pagbati Challenge Season 3”.
“Pagbati Challenge” is open to all Regional Nutrition Committee and its sub-committee members, local government units, academe, non- governmental organization, and civil society organization. Although this challenge is not a contest, the agencies and offices that join the said challenge are assumed to accept full support and active participation in the celebration.
Those willing to participate in the challenge are required to take the following steps:
- The agency/LGU/office will prepare a 3-minute video presentation in support to the nutrition month celebration.
- The video will be in Ilocano/Pangasinense, Filipino or English.
- The video presentation will include the following:
- The regional director/regional head/local chief executive/office head will deliver his/her message in support to the Nutrition Month Celebration 2018 if possible.
- The staff (all staff if possible) in unison will recite “Magandang araw mga kanutrisyon, nais po naming batiin ang bawat isa ng malusog at masustansyang pagdiriwang ng nutrition month 2018 na may temang: “Ugaliing magtanim, Sapat na nutrisyon aanihin”.
- The said video will be posted in the respective agency’s official Facebook fan page within the first week of July 2018 (July 1-7, 2018) using the hashtag #NutritionMonth2018PagbatiChallenge. In the absence of a Facebook page, participating offices can email the videos to NNC-Regional Office I [email protected] and the staff in-charge will be the one to post in the NNC’s official page.