Sweet corn is a staple for many at the dinner table. It is an inexpensive and filling side dish. The following are the nutritional benefits you get if you add sweet corn to your diet.
1. Sweet corn is a good source of dietary fiber. One medium ear of sweet corn has 2 grams of dietary fiber. This is 10 percent of your daily recommended amount.
2. Sweet corn is a source of protein. Adding one ear of sweet corn to your meal will add 3 grams of protein.
3. Sweet corn is also a good source of vitamin C. One serving of sweet corn has 9 percent of your daily recommended amount of vitamin C.
4. One medium ear of sweet corn has only 96 calories.
5. Those who are worried about adding fat to their diet can still eat sweet corn, as long as they do not put too much butter on the cob. One serving of sweet corn has only 1 gram of fat.#